The World Enduro Super Series has announced its 2019 schedule with a mix of classic favourites and new events to test the world’s best Enduro motorbike riders. Here is all you need to know:
– Briton Billy Bolt edged German Manuel Lettenbichler to claim the inaugural 2018 WESS crown after eight thrilling Enduro rounds on European courses.
– The 2019 WESS championship will offer another true test of Enduro skills when the battle to become the ultimate enduro champion begins in Portugal.
– Extreme XL Lagares launches the season again in early May with the riders having to race Endurocross, Urban and Hard Enduro straight out the gate.
– Trèfle Lozérien AMV’s 600km follows next in France before the riders tackle the legendary Erzbergrodeo Red Bull Hare Scramble in Austria as up to 1,800 riders will vie for one of the 500 places on Sunday’s start line.
– Italy plays host next in a provisionally scheduled summer stop with five great days of Hard Enduro to follow at the infamous Red Bull Romaniacs.
– September sees a return to Hawkstone Park, which delivered some of the best 2018 racing as riders went bar-to-bar around the sandy Shropshire circuit.
– The third Classic Enduro event will be in Spain at the Solsona Enduro with Germany’s popular GetzenRodeo rounding off the season in early November.
– WESS Managing Director Philipp Stossier declared: “After what’s been an incredibly successful debut season, we’ve worked tirelessly to bring together what we feel is an Enduro championship that both competitors and fans of the sport want. We can’t wait for the new WESS championship to get started.”
– WESS Series Manager Winfried Kerschhaggl added: “Traditional Enduro is always close to our hearts, fuelling our passion for racing, and for that reason it has led to the addition of two Classic Enduro events.”
World Enduro Super Series — 2019 Schedule
Round 1: Extreme XL Lagares (Portugal) May 10-12
Round 2: Trèfle Lozérien AMV (France) May 17-19
Round 3: Erzbergrodeo Red Bull Hare Scramble (Austria) May 30-June 2
Round 4: Classic Enduro (Italy) TBA
Round 5: Red Bull Romaniacs (Romania) July 30-August 4
Round 6: Hawkstone Park Cross Country (United Kingdom) September 21-22
Round 7: Solsona Enduro (Spain) October 5-6
Round 8: GetzenRodeo (Germany) November 2-3
More info on iRideWESS.com
Explore more Enduro content HERE.