What is the 10 Barrel Solo Series?
The Solo Series is a low-key high-fun factor is five unique low-key high-fun-factor dispersed race events held over 4 weeks in and around Bend, OR. It includes mountain biking, gravel riding, road & trail running, hiking, and road cycling time trial races. To learn more about the Solo Series, including how you can save almost 60% off registration fees, click here.
Use code “theloamwolf” to save 15% off registration fees.
What is Riding Solo?
The Riding Solo Series is a low-key high-fun factor dispersed cross-country mountain bikes held over 4 weeks on the trails in and around Bend, OR. Riding Solo enables you to race how you want, when you want, against real racers on real courses for position and awesome prizes and unlockable perks.
This year’s series features 4 one-week long stages featuring a different course each week. In the spirit of the Tour de France, overall leaders (by gender + category) are awarded yellow arm sleeves to wear while riding as they maintain their lead in their respective category. At the end of the series, the gender + category champions will go “head-to-head” in a one-week long “winner takes all” shootout race where rider starts times are equalized, using their average times from the series and what we project to be their results given the shootout course requirements. The winner received an super incredible Grand Prize!
Each stage can be run as many times as you’d like during the week-long stage time window. The first time you’ve completed each course, you’ll unlock awesome perks like a $5 pub coupon from 10 Barrel, a 12-oz drip from Thump Coffee, 2-for-1 go karting at K1 Speed, and other local sponsors.
But wait there’s more, every time you complete a course, you add another entry into a weekly raffle with killer prizes K1 Speed, Banana Phone, and other awesome sponsors.
All you need is a helmet, a bike, and a GPS-enabled device like a Garmin, Wahoo, or smart phone.
Kids & Youth (under 17) race FREE. Use the code BENDKIDS!
(be sure to include the !)
Early Bird Pricing (before October 10)
- $100 for all 8 stages
- $15 for 1 week/stage
Regular Pricing (October 10 – November 06)
- $120 for all 8 stages
- $20 for 1 week/stage
- Racers must complete the courses during the race time frames
- Any GPS device that can sync to Strava or export GPX files can be used to submit your times.
- Race times must be submitted no more than 24 hours after that attempt has been started.
- Racers must follow the courses published (download the GPX to run it for turn-by-turn directions if your computer supports navigation directions)
- Racers must keep 6 feet distance from other racers as best they can. Passing and yielding is the only exception (aka NO DRAFTING).
- Racers MUST Follow all rules of the road/trail and etiquette
- Pack it in pack it out (aka Leave no Trace)
- Be a S.H.A.R.K (Safe, Honest, Accountable, Responsible, Kind)