Few things are more fun than hitting the road for a mountain bike road trip. The adventure, riding new trails, meeting new friends and putting tires to dirt unlike your home terrain. Before you set sail however, it’s worth taking a look at your packing list and considering what maintenance and repair parts you are most likely to need. Especially with today’s component shortages, traveling to highly desirable mountain bike towns with often-times small shops could mean you’re going to overpay or be SOL when it comes time to replace small consumable parts that you could have easily packed with you.
Thanks to our friends at Competitive Cyclist, we’ve been able to put together a list of items we think are worth packing along after two decades of traveling around the US and Canada.
Don’t forget to use LOAMWOLF15, which will save you 15% on any applicable item.
• Good Pump and/or Co2 – https://bit.ly/3KScTHS
• Hand pump – https://bit.ly/3M2ZLQ8
• Tire Plug or plug refills- https://bit.ly/3EhhAYX
• Spare tire – https://bit.ly/3uJ7dKn
• Spare brake pads – https://bit.ly/3jYfSTj
• Spare chain and chain links – https://bit.ly/3jIjxo6
• Brake cleaner or isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle•
• Feedback Sports Ride Prep Tool Kit – https://bit.ly/3JRe0WY
• Brake bleed kit – https://bit.ly/3uIPBhN
• Disc brake rotor – https://bit.ly/3uJBTLK
• Spare brake or lever – https://bit.ly/3KEXElj
• Chain Lube – https://bit.ly/3OdJGJm
• Spare pedals – https://bit.ly/3xsIiwm
• Light and Motion headlight – https://bit.ly/3rnO52D
Disclosure: Our team selects all of the products we review and do so with honesty and objectivity in mind. Some of the products we receive come directly from Competitive Cyclist, who also value our readers and have offered them a 15% discount (exclusions apply) on their first purchase by using LOAMWOLF15. Through this program we may also receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for your support, TLW.