Canyon Unveil High-End Mtb Performance Flat Pedals
DEVELOPED WITH THE PRO’S
Ask any trail rider and they’ll tell you – when it’s time to go full send, a good pair of flat pedals can make the difference between feeling firmly planted on your bike and feeling like you’re holding on for dear life. So when it came to Canyon’s debut in the world of flat MTB pedals, there were no half measures. The goal was to make the best pedals on the trail .
With class-leading grip levels, one of the largest surface areas you’ll find in any MTB pedal, and a huge 200 kg maximum load all in a sleek light alloy package.
Now, they’re here. More than two years in the making, tested and developed in collaboration with Canyon’s freeride and downhill pros. Hitting the sweet spot of grip, durability, and stability, Canyon Performance MTB Flat Pedals have arrived. And they’re ready to get rowdy.
Tested by the best
To create the best parts, you need input from the best riders. And Canyon’s Performance MTB Flat Pedals are a product of intense collaboration between Canyon’s own product development team and roster of pro athletes and gravity riders.
And what a result. Uniting a slew of top-end features and premium materials with Canyon’s unmistakeable style, and you know you’ve got a properly serious piece of kit on your hands.
Canyon Product Manager Johannes Wetzel sheds light on the pro-driven design process: “When you’re pushing the boundaries of design and development, you need those invaluable insights that you only get from riders who’re capable of pushing things to the absolute limits and beyond. So of course, we were delighted to work with our athletes on these pedals. Right from the start, they helped us identify precisely what makes the perfect pedal – the ideal balance of grip, toughness, lightness, and durability. And then, when it came down to actually building them, they provided real, actionable input that we fed directly back into the design. And we’re absolutely stoked with the result.”
Canyon Performance MTB Flat Pedals – key features
• An ultra-planted, stable feel. Specifically requested by Canyon’s pro riders, the pedals have a bi-directional concave profile both from front to back, and from side to side. This creates a bowl shape keeping your feet securely in place, so you feel ‘inside’ the pedal rather than just on top. All by using a milled axle design and varied pin heights.
• Sizes for all riders. Choose between shoe size 36-42 or 43-48.
• Pick your style. Available in stealthy black or flash white raw.
• High-grade materials and bearings. An alloy body combined with structural steel axles and sealed bearings ensure long-term durability and race-ready lightness.
• Enhanced grip. With 10 replaceable pins on each side, plant your feet with confidence on the most techy terrain – it almost feels like you’re clipped in. In the name of complete adjustability, Canyon will offer aftermarket pin kits (spare pins and longer pins) soon after launch.
• Thoughtful extras. The edges are specially shaped to slide off rocks, there’s extra embossed stripes for more grip, and they’re easy to mount too using 8 mm (smaller pedal)/6 mm (larger pedal) hex keys.
• Maintenance-friendly. After a punishing season in the slop and the slime, the pedal bearings are serviceable, which will keep your pedals moving freely. To make the job easy, Canyon will launch a service kit, including new bearings, seals, dust caps and the corresponding tools.
Canyon’s Performance MTB Flat Pedals are available from 28 June at €99.95 , with the other pedals set to be launched later in 2023. All will be available online and direct at canyon.com.