THE LOAM WOLF’S
2020 MOUNTAIN BIKER’S GIFT GUIDE
A Curated Gift List for Mountain Bikers
We took quite a bit of time to handpick this list of affordable gifts for mountain bikers. There are tons of cool parts out there and we can’t list them all in one mountain biker gift guide, but we think this is a good selection of gear for smaller stocking stuffers to some pretty reasonably priced goods for the mountain biker in your family. Whether you’re new to riding or lifelong addicts like us, these gifts are sure to stoke any rider out.
ULTRALIGHT LINER SWAT BIB SHORTS
Specialized Men’s Ultralight Liner Bib Short + SWAT includes patented pocketing for longer days on the trail. SWAT pocketing provides thoughtful, bounce-free storage, and the pockets complement the liner’s form-fitting fabric by lying flat against the skin.
- Ultralight mountain bike bib built with amplified storage
- VaporRize fabric stretches, wicks moisture, and keeps cool
- 3D Chamois pre-molded for anatomical cushioning
- SWAT pocketing provides extra storage for trail essentials
CROSSPOINT WATERPROOF WOOL CREW SOCKS
Shower’s Pass Crosspoint Waterproof Wool Crew Socks make riding in cold, wet weather a much more pleasant experience than we ever thought possible. The Crosspoints are not just water resistant, they’re fully waterproof courtesy of an Artex membrane that doesn’t let water in and allows sweat to escape easily so your feet stay dry throughout the ride. The knit exterior feels like soft regular sock, and the moisture-wicking Merino wool lining keeps your feet cozy and dry.
- Waterproof socks for damp days on the trail
- Artex membrane seals out water yet allows evaporation
- Merino wool lining wicks away perspiration
- Knit exterior is comfortable and breathable
- Odor-resistance is a natural property of merino wool
RIDE CONCEPTS SHOES
$100 – $160
Mountain bikers…We have shoe problems! Riders can never have enough shoes and Ride Concepts certainly make some of our favorite mountain bike shoes on the market. The new Vice, TNT’s, and Transitions are some of our top picks in their lineup and with a chance of a 15% discount thanks to Competitive Cyclist, who wouldn’t love a new pair of shoes this Christmas? Fit is true to size, the D3O protection gives them an edge and they’re built to last longer than some other shoes on the market, so give ’em a try.
LIGHT & MOTION
VIS PRO 1000 TRAIL HEADLIGHT
Visually, the Vis Pro resembles the long line of successful handlebar mount lamps from the Marina, CA company, with a brilliant 1000 max lumen beam in a flood-spotlight pattern that provides exceptional visual confidence and trail details. In Trail-Mode, the smooth reflector feature optimizes the beam pattern for outstanding clarity of distant objects. And side amber lights provide peripheral visibility while you are pulling up to the urban checkpoints. Run time on the Vis Pro stands at a useful 90 minutes on high, and a “so good it’s almost humorous” 12 hours in SafePulse.
- Ideal lamp for ultra-distance off-road cyclists
- Impressive battery life but can also charge and run on portable power
- Trail-Mode casts a powerful far-reaching beam to light trail obstacles
- Mounts to oversize handlebars, GoPro mounts, and helmets for versatility
- Waterproof to 1 meter in case you take a tumble crossing slippery creeks
- Plugging to a 2 AMP charger equals a full battery in 2.5 hours
MINION DHRII / DHF TIRES
$65 – $90
Few things renew the spark of love for your old bike like a fresh set of tires. New rubber on a mountain bike can breathe fresh life back into your ride and Competitive Cyclist has a warehouse full of options to choose from. Whether you’re a die-hard Maxxis fan, love riding Schwalbe’s tacky treads or want something from another manufacturer, we don’t think there’s a rider out there who wouldn’t jump for joy at the site of fresh tires under the tree.
TIRE LEVER – 2 PACK
The Pedro’s Tire Lever 2-Pack gives you plenty of leverage to change burly DH and freeride tires, so you don’t have to worry about breaking a half-dozen flimsy levers in the process. Have you ever thought, “What I need is a something with a lot more clout to get the job done?” Well, Pedro’s provides. One for the garage, one for your pack.
WOLF TOOTH COMPONENTS
ENCASE SYSTEM HEX BIT WRENCH MULTI-TOOL
Trailside repairs are easier than ever with the sleek EnCase System Hex Bit Wrench Multi-Tool. With 14 functions, this multi-tool can be stowed inside the bicycle handlebars with the compatible EnCase System Storage sleeve or used as a handy tool on any home workbench.
- 8mm hex head with 4mm insert to accommodate the other hex bits
- Parts are held securely in place with magnets and O-rings
- Swiveling head tackles those hard-to-reach bolts
- Handle doubles as breaker bar when you need extra torque
- Magnet on bottom of tool for easy storage in your workshop
SPORT VARIETY – 4-PACK
Whether you are cycling, mountain biking, running, or hitting the gym, grab the Nuun Sport drink mix anytime you’re breaking a sweat. This tasty formula replaces minerals and electrolytes that are essential for high-intensity workouts, and can be used before, during, and after your workout to aid with performance and recovery.
- Energizing and hydrating drink mix for high-intensity workouts
- Replaces vitamins and electrolytes that water alone cannot
- Formula claims to alleviate cramps and improve muscle function
- 40mg of caffeine per serving for a little boost of energy
- Includes four tubes containing ten servings each
THE LOAM WOLF
CAUSUAL WEAR, JERSEY’S AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
We’ve been absolutely slammed all year long reviewing and testing so much other gear that we’ve fallen behind when it comes to designing our own gear, something we truly enjoy doing. For this holiday season we rushed to get a few fun new designs together and think you’ll really like them! If you’re looking for a Made in the USA, fully sublimated mountain bike jersey or something to wear on your dirt bike, check out some new threads in collaboration with WHT LBL. We’ve also got some new mountain bike t-shirts, beanies and killer new socks, also Made in the USA by SockGuy!
As always, we truly appreciate your support and representing The Loam Wolf.