A new, highly compatible ecosystem
For over 100 years, Shimano components have helped shape and elevate the everyday riding experience for millions of riders worldwide. This is why Shimano is excited to announce that we are taking it one step further, by introducing SHIMANO CUES: a brand-new approach to our mid-tier lifestyle component lineup.
Redesigned from the ground up, SHIMANO CUES makes the bike buying experience easier. Featuring our high-durability LINKGLIDE technology, SHIMANO CUES offers smoother shifting, more durable components, and standardizes compatibility across a wide range of categories.
SHIMANO CUES: SIMPLICITY
By consolidating our 9-, 10-, and 11-speed component ranges with interchangeable components, including common derailleur pulleys, cassette sprockets and chains, SHIMANO CUES reduces shop inventory needs and simplifies the servicing process for mid-tier bikes.
This means bike shops will have the right parts on hand for servicing your bike.
SHIMANO CUES: VERSATILITY
We’ve created our most compatible and versatile component lineup ever, shifting away from our traditional trickle-down technology model to focus on the unique needs of the everyday rider.
The lineup features unified sprocket spacing across our 9-, 10-, and 11-speed drivetrains, so that components can be intermixed across a wider range of user groups and riding styles.
SHIMANO CUES: DURABILITY
As our most durable drivetrain technology, SHIMANO LINKGLIDE extends a component’s overall lifespan and delivers a smooth shifting experience for both analog and electric bikes.
With taller and thicker cassette teeth, providing additional surface area this mitigates the chain from skipping and distributes pedaling forces to prevent premature wear due to shifts from new and experienced riders.
• Streamlined Mid–Tier Component Lineup – Consolidates SHIMANO’s 9, 10, and 11–speed drivetrains into one unified ecosystem of components.
• Developed from the Ground Up – Components designed specifically for the everyday rider to improve compatibility and versatility across the range.
• Drivetrain Compatibility – Common components used across drivetrains to reduce overall complexity and create clear compatibility across groups.
• SHIMANO CUES Versatility – Select components can be intermixed across more user groups and riding styles, opening up new possibilities for component spec combinations.
• Centered on LINKGLIDE technology – Delivers the most durable drivetrain technology available while improving shifting performance.
• Smooth and Intuitive Shifting – New tooth profile design that guides the chain up and down the cassette for smooth shifting in either direction while pedaling under load.
• Extended Component Lifespan – Cassettes and chains built to withstand consistent daily wear and tear of both analog and high-torque e-bike use.
About Shimano North American Bicycle, Inc.
Shimano North American Bicycle, Inc., a member of Shimano North America Holdings, Inc., along with its world–renowned subsidiaries, offers consumers outstanding sport–related products and apparel. Shimano is proud of its staff, diversity in talent, interests, and backgrounds. The company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continued improvements are part of the business philosophy and operations.
LEAVE A COMMENT, WIN FREE SWAG!
Want to win some free schwag? Leave a comment and vote up the most thoughtful comments and each month we’ll pick a winner. The person with the smartest and most helpful replies will earn some sweet new gear. Join the Pack and get the latest news and read the latest reviews on the top mountain and electric mountain bikes.